Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April Update!


April has been a busy month!  At the beginning of the month I started an exhibition of the Rooted in RED paintings.  It was incredible to see these painting out of the studio!  They were hung on a wall with a green band down the middle of the wall  and that made them sing! I am thrilled with how they turned out and they will be up for the entire month.  This Friday I have an artist talk about them and the project.  I am excited to be able to communicate the message of Rooted in RED with people from my community.  Below is a link of the paintings and an  installation shot.



I am finishing my paper and FINALLY just finished the reference material.  Looking back, I believe I bit off a little more than I could chew in regards to references, but I feel like that few one paragraph was worth it all I got out an entire book:)   I scheduled the next two months of Rooted in RED workshops that I am thrilled will be based off natural pigments and color theory!  I am excited to change the pace of the workshop a bit.    My polymer for the final MFA installation in Berlin is slowly trickling in and starting to play with inert pigments to help with keeping the acrylic sheets more consistent in dryness.  The goal is start pouring out sheets on May 15th!  

exhibition of Rooted in RED paintings at My Hair Trip in Denver, Colorado



No comments:

Post a Comment